We take your privacy seriously. Here we describe what information we store when you visit our website. By visiting our website, you consent to the collection of information as described in this policy. We may update this policy from time to time. The last update was on 25 March 2020.
Use of the information
We use the information we collect to personalise your journey through our website, to analyse how people use our website and to understand if we can improve the information we display. We may store some of this information with providers of analytical tools to help us understand your usage of our website. We will never pass on any individual information we collect about you to anyone else without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law or any official body that we need to adhere to. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, under number ZA027827 and are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). For more information, please visit https://ico.org.uk/.
Right to forget and unsubscribing
When we send you emails, you can always opt out from any future communications from us by using the unsubscribe link in the email. Should you want to ensure we delete any personal information we hold on you, you can contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies usage policy
Cookies on brightminded.com
We currently use the following cookies:
- _UTMA – This randomly generated number is used to determine unique visitors to our site – Expires after 2 years.
- _UTMB – This randomly generated number works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time users spend on our site – Expires after 30 minutes.
- _UTMC – This randomly generated number works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser – Expires when you close your browser.
- _UTMZ – This is a randomly generated number and information about how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search) – Expires after 6 months.
We currently use a tracking cookie that is set as soon as a user clicks on a download button on our website or submits details to us via the site. This cookie allows us to identify the user and link them to the information submitted by the user until the user requests us to unsubscribe from all email lists or clears their cookies.
Hotjar currently creates the following persistent cookies which expire automatically after 365 days:
- _hjUserId – This cookie is set as soon as a user loads a page which contains the Hotjar code. The cookie contains a universally unique identifier (UUID) which allows Hotjar to track the same visitor across multiple pages and sessions.
- _hjClosedSurveyInvites – This cookie is set once a visitor interacts with a Survey invitation modal popup. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not re-appear if it has already been shown.
- _hjDonePolls – This cookie is set once a visitor completes a poll using the Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the same poll does not re-appear if it has already been filled in.
- _hjMinimizedPolls – This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimizes when the visitor navigates through your site.
- _hjDoneTestersWidgets – This cookie is set once a visitor submits their information in the Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the same form does not re-appear if it has already been filled in.
- _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets – This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimizes when the visitor navigates through your site.
- _hjDoneSurveys – This cookie is set once a visitor completes a survey. It is used to only load the survey content if the visitor hasn’t completed the survey yet.
Hotjar also creates the following session cookie which only exists until a visitor ends their session:
- _hjIncludedInSample – This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.
For more information about Hotjar, please visit https://www.hotjar.com/.
Should you have any concerns about the information we may hold about you, you can contact us at email@example.com. We will treat any concerns seriously.